snipping tool not working in coherence

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by KeshavaT, Oct 25, 2012.

1. KeshavaT

KeshavaT Junior Member

snipping tool works fine on Windows mode (after opening a picture upon this the snipping tool turn the screen gray making it to be visible and can hightlight a portion and lets to take a picture but this same thing does not happen on coherence).
    when the snipping tools open in coherence the gray screen will close the picture (send back).

i have submited a report to parallels 19177356

2. puithove

puithove Member

Have you seen any response to this? I'm having the same issue in Windows 7 under Coherence. Worked perfectly fine in Parallels Mac 7, broken after upgrade to Parallels Mac 8.

3. MattDuguid

MattDuguid Bit poster

Same issue on version 9 upgraded from version 7, Windows snipping tools just doesnt work anymore, huge pain as this is a feature I use hourly :)

#pleasefix

4. EdwardH2

EdwardH2 Bit poster

Hello Parallels, I just upgraded to version 14 and the windows snipping tool stopped working in coherence mode.
    The free form and rectangular snip do not work in coherence mode.
    I am running a dual monitor setup with the same MB and the same monitors for 5+ years. I update Parallels every year for the past 5 years. The snipping tool has been working fine for the past 3 to 4 versions. Now it doesn't.
    Please advise what I can do to make the free form and rectangular snip feature working in coherence mode again.
    Thanks.

5. JohnM86

JohnM86 Bit poster

8 years after the first report of this issue and not even a response from Parallels? Glad I'm on the trial version at least...

This is still happening on version 15.1.3, High Sierra host Windows 10 guest.

6. EdwardH2

EdwardH2 Bit poster

Try the new Snip & Sketch that will replace the Snipping tool in Win 10. That was my solution.

7. JohnM86

JohnM86 Bit poster

Same issue with Snip and Sketch, as soon as I go to draw the box to capture, the picture viewer turns grey as if it had finished but there is no picture.