So where are the benefits?

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by SarahF, Sep 16, 2010.

1. SarahF

SarahF Bit poster

I just installed a trial version of Parallels 6. I previous had Parallels 4. My main bug bears with 4 were:
    *slow boot
    *incredibly slow to access files on the mac hard drive (either the mac drive, or the user partition, or the idisk) - used to hang for up to MINUTES at each directory, meaning it sometimes took 5 or 10 MINUTES to find a file and open it

So - the "hype" said that Parallels 6 is going to book 40% faster and have better networking/access to files on the hard drive.

CRAP. I SEE NO DIFFERENCE WHATSOEVER.

But now, having installed the trial version (and having spent an hour getting around the fact the parallels tools refused to update properly) and having seen that 6 is no different 4, how do I get back to 4 when my trial ends in 15 days?

2. STim

STim Bit poster

The timings you provide (like minutes to browse to a directory) are bad, even for PD4 and surely for PD6.

Can you please generate a problem report (Help->Report a problem), send it and write here its ID? This will let us take a look at your configuration and probably suggest further actions to resolve the issue.

3. SarahF

SarahF Bit poster

Done. ID 6655739. Hope this helps - it's been driving me crazy.

4. SarahF

SarahF Bit poster

Any ideas? Do I get a reply for my help request or what? Nothing seems to have happened so far.