Software activation resetting when switching from Bootcamp to Parallels

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Adam Bien, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Adam Bien

Adam Bien Bit poster

I am experiencing issues with software needing to be reactivated when i switch to boot camp and then again when i switch back to parallels opening boot camp.
    Will the programs always see these as different computers?
    Both Autocad and Microsoft office do this.

2. LucianoS

LucianoS Bit poster

welcome to the club

They claimed they fixed the office issue with the last update.

autocad and windows are still unsolved...

Parallels should make sure that the "hardware" informed to the OS and applications is exactly the same than the one on the real machine (use by bootcamp)..

3. LucianoS

LucianoS Bit poster

I forgot to say that because of these kind of issues, when my trial period expired, I just un-installed Parallels.

It's a goos application, but these issues with the bootcamp option are not admissible...

Neither is that there is "radio-silence" from parallels on these issues.... Why don't they just comment on this problem...

I looked hard on this forum and on their website... and no useful comments from them on this...

Good luck

4. cmon360

cmon360 Junior Member

I’m sorry for the troubles you’re having. To solve the problem as quickly as possible I recommend submitting a support ticket with the Parallels team http://www.parallels.com/support/.

5. arjaydavis

arjaydavis Bit poster

Seeing problem too with Adobe Audition 3.0, Windows7 itself re-activated OK

I'm seeing the problem too with Adobe Audition 3.0 on Windows

(as an aside, also saw it with Windows7 itself but it re-activated OK and it seems to have settled.)

But the problem persists with Adobe Audition 3.0 on Windows. Specifically:

- I boot into BootCamp Windows, Audition 3.0 runs OK.

- Boot into MacOS, run same BootCamp VM Windows from parallels, run Audition 3.0, it runs asking for registratation. Registration succeeds.

- Boot into BootCamp Windows, Audition 3.0 runs runs asking for registratation. Registration succeeds.

And so on...

If I stick with one mode of running Windows, i.e. BootCamp OR via Parallels, Audition doesn't ask again, however, switching between the two triggers the re-registration.

Using the same VM/Windows install image/drive.

But I guess what is happening here is that the (virtual) "hardware" profile/signature/id presented to Windows/and 3rd-party applications, is different in BootCamp and Parallels and that applications such as Audition use this for authentication/registration to prove that the license is only running on the same hardware.

The ideal solution is that Parallels complies with the same hardware profile that BootCamp presents to Windows and 3rd party applications so that both Parallels and BootCamp are wholly seen as the same machine.

6. IvoryC

IvoryC Member

To solve the problem as quickly as possible I recommend submitting a support ticket.