Software Installation in Parallel Software

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by JezreelR, Apr 8, 2012.

1. JezreelR

JezreelR Bit poster

I am trying to figure out, let say my parallel installation is successful then next is to install windows OS, how about the software and driver installation, is it compatible or just use the driver already pre-loaded by Apple. How about software application let say Autocad, is it fully compatible too?

Thanks.

2. YanaYana

YanaYana

Yes - you are able to install practically every software wich runs at the usual PC.

The only difference is the drivers set - Parallels has it's own drivers set - named Parallels Tools.
    It includes video driver, mouse, keyboard drivers, network driver and a lot of others.

It helps machine to adopt to virtual environment and use Mac's hardware. e.g. keyboard or mouse.

3. WilliamPaul

WilliamPaul Member

Hi,

Installing practically one by one will be hard work,I would like to suggest you to always use Parallels tools.

4. YanaYana

YanaYana

I was not suggesting to install Parallels Drivers on eby one - it is not even possible for a regular Parallels User.