Software upgrade order for Mac OS to Sierra,Windows from 7 to 10 and Parallels from 7 to 12

BudgeH

Bit poster
I currently have a iMac that is on OS 10.7.3, Parallels that is Parallels 7 desktop for Macs ( build 7.0.15106) and Windows 7
I need to upgrade to OS 10.12.x (Sierra), Parallels 12 for Mac Desktop and Windows 10.
My question is in what order do I need to upgrade software and still have a working system in the end?

My first thought was the Mac OS first, Parallels second and Windows third. Are their any pitfalls to avoid in advance?
 
I currently have a iMac that is on OS 10.7.3, Parallels that is Parallels 7 desktop for Macs ( build 7.0.15106) and Windows 7
I need to upgrade to OS 10.12.x (Sierra), Parallels 12 for Mac Desktop and Windows 10.
My question is in what order do I need to upgrade software and still have a working system in the end?

My first thought was the Mac OS first, Parallels second and Windows third. Are their any pitfalls to avoid in advance?
Hi @BudgeH, you're absolutely correct! But before you upgrade to macOS Sierra, we recommend you to back up your virtual machine.
 
Back
Top