Solidworks 2017 Hardware Acceleration??

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by BumpMan, Apr 11, 2017.

1. BumpMan

BumpMan Junior Member

In the past I used Solidworks 2016 and patched it with the 2016 file from this link:

http://kb.parallels.com/en/122790

I am now using Solidworks 2017 and seems Im getting very choppy performance and theres no file/link for solidworks 2017. Only 2010-2016

Another user said they put in a request an got the 2017 files emailed to them. Anyone know how to get the 2017 files to enable hardware acceleration for solidworks 2017? Getting super slow performance.

Thanks

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @BumpMan ,
    I believe the issue is caused by disabled 3d acceleration in Solidworks. to make it available, please follow this article and then enable it in Solidworks. it should improve performance drastically.

3. BumpMan

BumpMan Junior Member

Hi Paul, yes thats the same link i posted. Take a look at the link you just sent me. The support is for solidowrks 2010-2016 and does not include downloads for fixing this issue for solidworks 2017. Can you supply the files for 2017? Thanks. I would really appreciate it. Solidworks is the only reason i bought parallels and keep it updated but 2017 is almost too slow to use without the hardware acceleration. Please let me know how this can be fixed for SOLIDWORKS 2017.

4. FredericJ2

FredericJ2 Bit poster

Here you go:

Attached Files:

bob7 and KevinStallard like this.
  5. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hi FredericJ2,
    We are glad to see your active participation. It seems you have only shared the file to enable hardware acceleration. We've also attached the file for disabling hardware acceleration.

Attached Files:

6. KevinStallard

KevinStallard Bit poster

Thank you for posting this, another very happy customer here.....

7. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We are happy to hear that. Feel free to reach out any time for support.

8. bob7

bob7 Bit poster

9. AaronM18

AaronM18 Bit poster

Hi, I'm currently running Solidworks 2020 student edition and i've tried applying the patch for 2020 but there was no file in the blue link, and the newest version didn't seem to work either. Are there any other ways I can increase the speed so it's not so choppy?