SolidWorks 2022 SP2 now runs on M1 Max with Parallels 17.1

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by MatthewH18, May 20, 2022.

Tags:
  1. MatthewH18

MatthewH18 Junior Member

FINALLY!
    I was able to do a standard install of SW Premium 2022 SP2 into Windows 11 ARM, running under Parallels 17.1.2 Things worked pretty well except:

Turn off file sharing with the mac, otherwise you won't be ale to save files from Solidworks (with sharing on, the pathname starts with \\mac\..." rather than"C:\...") Solidworks refuses to save unless it sees a full path back to the physical device. Open "windows 11" configuration screen from Parallels. Select "options", "sharing", "configure". Uncheck the 6 folders.

I also had trouble with the center mouse button not enabling rotation. Under the configuration for windows 11, select "hardware", "mouse and keyboard". set mouse and keyboard to "don't optimize for games". That seemed to do it.

Rendering seems slow with 6 cpus, but have not jumped into that yet...

2. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, good to hear your issue got fixed. Please reach us back for any further queries.

3. RohitS18

RohitS18 Bit poster

How did you set the license. I am having problem with inconsistant license.

4. Nazeemabanu@P

Nazeemabanu@P Moderator

Hello @RohitS18, Kindly let us know are you referring to Parallels Desktop for Mac license setup issue or SolidWorks Application? Thanks.

5. Nazeemabanu@P

Nazeemabanu@P Moderator

Hello @RohitS18, Kindly let us know are you referring to Parallels Desktop for Mac license setup issue or SolidWorks Application? Thanks.

6. cem1

cem1 Bit poster

Hi Matthew
    I tested m1max with windows 11 solidworks 2022 sp4 .. But its work so slow .. what is your last review on it ? have you got any problem on it ?