Solidworks Connected 2023 Hardware acceleration

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Mickv, Dec 28, 2022.

1. Mickv

Mickv Bit poster

Hi all,

I've just installed Solidworks connected 2023 from the 3Dexperience home with the Solidworks for Makers license.
    I have the issue that Solidworks is not using hardware acceleration as described here https://kb.parallels.com/en/122790. Problem is that on the KB page only Solidworks untill version 2022 is listed. I need a fix for the 2023 version.

Looking at each of the registery fix files from previous versions that you can download, they all add some words to the windows registery, all in the same folder. I already tried changing the folder names in the registery fix file from 2022 to 2023, but that does not seem to work unfortunately. Maybe that is because I use Solidworks connected?

Does somebody have a fix for this issue?

I am using Parallels Desktop 18 for Mac Version 18.1.1 (53328) on a intel based Macbook Pro 16 from 2020. Running SOLIDWORKS Connected Maker 2023 SP0.0, 3DEXPERIENCE R2023x HotFix 0.7 in Windows 11

Help is much appreciated!

Best regards,
    Mick

2. ParallelsU1072

ParallelsU1072 Bit poster

Hello,
    i have the same problem and need the fix files for solid works 2023.
    When I used Solidworks connected 2022 and installed the "solidworks2022_enable_acceleration" it worked pretty well. So the acceleration also works at the "Solidworks connected" versions.
    After installing Solidworks 2023 i tried to activate "solidworks2022_enable_acceleration" but it didn't worked, the open GL button in Solidworks options is still checked.

Im using Parallels 16.5.1 - 2019 MacBook Pro - MacOs 12.3.1 - Solidworks: 3DEXPERIENCE R2023x HotFix 0.7 - Windows 10

Best regards, Flo

3. KOZOS

KOZOS Bit poster

Previous versions
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SolidWorks\SOLIDWORKS 20XX\Performance\Graphics\Hardware\GraphicsBoardName]
    2023version
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SolidWorks\AllowList\Performance\Graphics\Hardware\GraphicsBoardName]
    --------
    RealView
    Previous versions
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SolidWorks\SolidWorks20XX\Performance\Graphics\Hardware\Gl2Shaders\Other\GraphicsBoardName
    2023version
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SolidWorks\AllowList\Performance\Graphics\Hardware\Gl2Shaders\Other\GraphicsBoardName

4. KOZOS

KOZOS Bit poster

I have Mistaken!

Previous versions
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SolidWorks\SOLIDWORKS 20XX\Performance\Graphics\Hardware\GraphicsName]
    2023version
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SolidWorks\AllowList\GraphicsName]
    -------
    example

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SolidWorks\AllowList\Parallels and ATI Technologies Inc.]
    "Workarounds"=dword:84000484
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SolidWorks\AllowList\Parallels Inc. & ATI Technologies Inc.]
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SolidWorks\AllowList\Parallels and NVIDIA Corporation]
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SolidWorks\AllowList\Parallels Inc. & NVIDIA Corporation]
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SolidWorks\AllowList\Parallels and Intel Inc.]

5. KOZOS

KOZOS Bit poster

Realview

example

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SolidWorks\AllowList\Gl2Shaders\Other\Parallels using Intel(R) Iris(TM) Plus Graphics 650 (Compat)]
    "Workarounds"=dword:00040000

GraphicsBoardName from [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SolidWorks\AllowList\Current\Renderer key

6. ParallelsU1072

Hello KOZOS, im trying to understand what you did post, is it a solution?
    If yes can you please explain it a little bit?
    Thanks!

7. BradD3

BradD3 Bit poster

I had issues getting the accelerated graphics working with my M1 MacBook Pro and Solidworks 2023. Please see the attached pictures for correct registry modifications to get accelerated graphics working for M1 and Solidworks 2023.

Attached Files:

8. max47

max47 Bit poster

Hi,
    these are the reg keys that did the trick for me:

```
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SolidWorks\SOLIDWORKS 2023\Performance\Graphics\Hardware\Parallels and ATI Technologies Inc.]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SolidWorks\SOLIDWORKS 2023\Performance\Graphics\Hardware\Parallels Inc. & ATI Technologies Inc.]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SolidWorks\SOLIDWORKS 2023\Performance\Graphics\Hardware\Parallels and NVIDIA Corporation]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SolidWorks\SOLIDWORKS 2023\Performance\Graphics\Hardware\Parallels Inc. & NVIDIA Corporation]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SolidWorks\SOLIDWORKS 2023\Performance\Graphics\Hardware\Parallels and Intel Inc.]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SolidWorks\SOLIDWORKS 2023\Performance\Graphics\Hardware\Parallels Inc. & Intel Inc.]

"Workarounds"=dword:84000484[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SolidWorks\AllowList\Parallels and ATI Technologies Inc.]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SolidWorks\AllowList\Parallels and ATI Technologies Inc.]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SolidWorks\AllowList\Parallels Inc. & ATI Technologies Inc.]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SolidWorks\AllowList\Parallels and NVIDIA Corporation]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SolidWorks\AllowList\Parallels Inc. & NVIDIA Corporation]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SolidWorks\AllowList\Parallels Inc. & Intel Inc.]
    ```

9. KOZOS

KOZOS Bit poster

Previously, the registry for performance was a version-specific registry for SOLIDWORKS.
    In 2023, it has been moved into the 'AllowList' key.
    Both in the Desktop and Connected versions.

10. KOZOS

KOZOS Bit poster

For example, for 2022.
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SolidWorks\SOLIDWORKS 2022\Performance\Graphics\Hardware\...]
    From 2023 onwards, the
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SolidWorks\SolidWorks\AllowList\...].
    In 2023, it is now [HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftware\SolidWorks\AllowList\...

11. ParallelsU1072

Thank you KOZOS
    There was an update from parallels with a patch for Solidworks 2023:
    https://kb.parallels.com/en/122790

I tried it with this downloaded patch first but it did not worked, open Gl was still grayed out.

So I checked with the registry editor and had to change several workarounds from 10 to 84000484 than it worked for me.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SolidWorks\AllowList\Parallels Inc. & Intel Inc.]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2023
  12. reed1

reed1 Bit poster

This works great on solidworks 2023 except for one issue. Enable hardware acceleration is greyed out initially on settings. If I toggle software acceleration on and off, then I can select enable hardware acceleration. However, once I do and then close settings, when I reopen settings (saving a file or not), enable hardware acceleration is greyed out once again. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

13. KOZOS

KOZOS Bit poster

Many times, the problem may be caused by dual monitors, where the secondary monitor uses all the resources of the card. When the operating system starts SolidWorks, an OpenGL window is opened. At this time, the operating system returns either an OpenGL window or a standard GDI window. At this point, SolidWorks will automatically display the window in Hardware OpenGL mode or Software OpenGL mode. This is why the option Software OpenGL is checked and grayed out.

14. reed1

reed1 Bit poster

I'm not sure I understand. I'm not using a 2nd monitor. Just builtin display m2 macbook pro 16 30/64. I am unaware of any place to enable OpenGL other than within the solidworks performance tab. I have installed and triple checked the above registry edits. On the off chance it would make a difference, I installed parallels tools. I am unable to get the toggle "enable graphics acceleration" to stay on.

15. Pramesh Boodadoo

Pramesh Boodadoo Staff Member

Hello,
    Kindly confirm if you have been able to try the steps provided in this article: https://kb.parallels.com/en/122790 ?

If the issue still persists, collect a technical report (right-click Parallels icon in Dock > Help > Send technical data > check "Attach screenshots..." > press Send Report) and provide us with the report's 9-digit ID in reply.

Thank you!!

16. reed1

reed1 Bit poster

I have followed the steps outlined. I'll sewnd a report tomorrow. thanks

17. CyrilL3

CyrilL3 Bit poster

Having the same issue here, any chance you got it to work?

18. CraigH23

CraigH23 Junior Member

Is your graphics are "recognised" in Solid works (button right corner)? I am having an issue where RealView Graphics is not available due to the card not being recognised.