SOLVED- Enlarged/Pixelated Cursor: Win10 P12

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Bill Hall, Apr 7, 2018.

1. Bill Hall

Bill Hall Member

Solved (couldn't find where to delete a post)- This was solved by changing the cursor size in my MacOS settings. I had to change it from large back to normal. Don't know why, but this fixed it.

Hello- This one is driving me nuts and I cannot find a solution. Any help would be awesome and thanks!

Symptom: Windows cursor is very large and very pixelated
    Setups:
    - Mac: 2015 MBP i7/512/16GB Intel Pro Graphics running Mac OS 10.13.3 on an external NON 4K monitor with MBP lid closed
    - Parallels 12.2.1 512 graphics and display options set for best for external display
    - Windows 10: v1709 build 16299.309 (automatically updating) - All cursor and screen scaling is set to standard/100%

What I've tried:
    - Played with endless monitor settings - Both in Win10 and within Parallels preferences
    - Reinstalled Parallels tools
    - Boot into safe mode and ran system scan
    - Played with various cursor sizes in win 10
    - Played with zoom in monitor settings
    - Other stuff I can't even remember now. I'm enclosing a picture to show you what I mean

I think this is something to do with scaling because I used to run this on a 4K display and no longer do. But I'm lost any help would be awesome because I'm old, but not old enough where I need my cursor larger than my folders.

Thanks!
    Screen Shot 2018-04-07 at 4.50.26 PM.png

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
  2. Hello Bill Hall. Nice to know that you were able to sort out the issue and thanks for sharing the steps that you have tried to fix it. Please post again for any additional queries.

3. IvanH4

IvanH4 Bit poster

I am having the exact same issue (using Win 10 Parallels 14). However, the final method you described does not fix my issue.

I contacted Parallels customer service and they were unable to fix the issue. I sent them photos of my desktop showing the cursor size difference (looks just like photo above).

If I learn anything, I will post again. Or if anyone can help?!?

4. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @IvanH4 , please help us with the ticket number. We will check and help you out.

5. IvanH4

IvanH4 Bit poster

Hi. My ticket number is #2565290

6. IvanH4

IvanH4 Bit poster

UPDATE: The cursor issue is SOLVED if I enable "Best for Retina" in the Virtual Machine hardware configuration under Video.

7. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Perfect, We are glad to hear that the issue is resolved. Please feel free to reach us any time for any queries regarding Parallels.