Some apps won't run

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by GaryB6, Aug 10, 2018.

Tags:
  1. GaryB6

GaryB6 Bit poster

Hi All,

This is Parallels 10.4.29337.0 running on OS X 10.10. The Parallels Tools device carries the parent version number.

One of my vms is Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1. I recently upgraded Internet Explorer to ver11, which brought updates. My Security process tells me there have been 15 updates in total.

Both before and after the IE upgrade, there have been problems with a few apps which will not run. When launched, they flash a screen and then die. One of these is the included utility Tasklist. I thought the problem might be console-related, but Netgen 4.9.11, which requires a console, runs okay.

I run no virus detection software except for Windows Firewall. Disconnecting the network connection has no effect. I reviewed Taskmgr for suspect processes but didn't see anything likely. I killed an uninstall process but it didn't have an effect.

I run numerous Linux vms but have never seen the problem there.

Does anyone have ideas for diagnostics?

thanks,
    GB

2. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hi GaryB6, Parallels Desktop 10 is an end of life product. As you have macOS X Yosemite, you can install Parallels Desktop 13 and check. If the issue persists, try to reinstall the applications in Windows then check.