I would like to point out what I think are three "flawed assumptions" in some of the new features in Parallels 3.0. This is my personal opinion (obviously), but I feel they would have been much more welcome by me if there was a switch to turn them off.
1) I do not want my "C" drive mounted on my Mac Desktop as a disk drive by default. I eject them as soon as they appear. This should have been a switch that was off by default, but could be enabled.
2) I do not want every application on my Mac automatically added to my "Start -> Program Files" menu in my Windows clients. I assume that I can just delete the whole folder of applications from my Start menu. This should have been a switch that was off by default, but could be enabled.
3) I do not want to automatically open all my word, excel and powerpoint documents inside a Windows virtual machine. I have MS Office for Mac installed, and want those associations to say put. This should have been a switch that was off by default, but could be enabled.
This is just my $0.02 to the development team, if any of them actually read this forum.
In the future, please do not FORCE new features on us. Tell us about them and let us enable them....
Thanks,
Steve
1) I do not want my "C" drive mounted on my Mac Desktop as a disk drive by default. I eject them as soon as they appear. This should have been a switch that was off by default, but could be enabled.
2) I do not want every application on my Mac automatically added to my "Start -> Program Files" menu in my Windows clients. I assume that I can just delete the whole folder of applications from my Start menu. This should have been a switch that was off by default, but could be enabled.
3) I do not want to automatically open all my word, excel and powerpoint documents inside a Windows virtual machine. I have MS Office for Mac installed, and want those associations to say put. This should have been a switch that was off by default, but could be enabled.
This is just my $0.02 to the development team, if any of them actually read this forum.
In the future, please do not FORCE new features on us. Tell us about them and let us enable them....
Thanks,
Steve