'Sorry, this application cannot run under a virtual machine'

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by SungM1, May 9, 2023.

1. SungM1

SungM1 Bit poster

Hello folks,

I am trying to run a windows-based game on my 2018 intel macbook pro on parallels.

However, I run into the issue of 'Sorry, this application cannot run under a virtual machine' - I have searched extensively for a solution, and have tried to disable and uninstall hyper-v, changed regedit registries, but to no avail.

I was wondering if anyone else had the same issue, and have managed to solve the issue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Trishna Oobeyram

Trishna Oobeyram Staff Member

Hello,
    Could you please let us know which game you are trying to install ?
    Regards,

3. SungM1

SungM1 Bit poster

Thanks for your reply.
    I am trying to run 'Maplestory'.

4. RhendaS

RhendaS Bit poster

Has there been an update for this question? I have the same problem. Trying to run PE Design 11 Embroidery software. MacBook Pro 2019 Intel.

5. ShellyR1

ShellyR1 Junior Member

To resolve the issue you can try going to Turn Windows features on or off the Control Panel applet and turning off: the Hyper-V Virtual Machine Platform. You can also Disable the Windows Hypervisor Platform.

6. Will13

Will13

This doesn't work with Maplestory. It says 'Sorry, this application cannot run under a virtual machine' - Is there a work around this?

7. OpeO

OpeO Bit poster

Trying to run an app on my virtual machine and it says this application cannot run under the virtual machine

8. Avinash Bundhoo

Avinash Bundhoo Staff Member

Hello!

Thank you for your feedback.

In order to proceed with further investigation, kindly provide us with the below information:
    1. Details on the application tat you are trying to run.
    2. Provide details steps of how you are trying to set up things.
    3 Reproduce the issue.
    4. Collect a technical report (right-click Parallels icon in Dock > Help > Send technical data > check "Attach screenshots..." > press Send Report) and send the report's 9-digit ID in a reply.
    Thank you!