I have two problems since I first installed Parallels on my MacBook Air. I am running the lasted Parallels Desktop 3.0, build 5608.
The first is that the system sounds play O.K. in Windows, but any audio applicaitions like the Windows Media player or QuickTime don't work. The error is:
>Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound >device. There may not be a sound device installed on your computer, it may be in use >by another program, or it may not be functioning properly.
I go into Device Manager and manually delete the Intel 82801BA/BAM Audio Controller and install a new one. This fixes the problem for the current session, although the volume levels are too low. Once I exit Windows/Parallels and log back in, the problem is back. Can't seem to fix this permanently.
The second issue is that the display resolution resets to 640x480 everytime I start Windows/Parallels. I change it to the proper value, but after exiting and logging back in, it is back to 640x480.
The third problem is that I cannot sent the CNTL-ALT-DELETE key sequence from my keyboard. I have to do this each time from Actions; Send Keys which is a pain when running Full Screen.
Thanks very much for the assistance.
- Sherm
The first is that the system sounds play O.K. in Windows, but any audio applicaitions like the Windows Media player or QuickTime don't work. The error is:
>Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound >device. There may not be a sound device installed on your computer, it may be in use >by another program, or it may not be functioning properly.
I go into Device Manager and manually delete the Intel 82801BA/BAM Audio Controller and install a new one. This fixes the problem for the current session, although the volume levels are too low. Once I exit Windows/Parallels and log back in, the problem is back. Can't seem to fix this permanently.
The second issue is that the display resolution resets to 640x480 everytime I start Windows/Parallels. I change it to the proper value, but after exiting and logging back in, it is back to 640x480.
The third problem is that I cannot sent the CNTL-ALT-DELETE key sequence from my keyboard. I have to do this each time from Actions; Send Keys which is a pain when running Full Screen.
Thanks very much for the assistance.
- Sherm