Sound when i use a windows application

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by ARAUD, Mar 9, 2016.

1. ARAUD

ARAUD Bit poster

Whenever I use a windows application I have a sound like a ''Bip''. I want to know if it's possible to disable this sound?

2. marat_t

marat_t Pro

Hi,
    In the VM config go to Hardware > Sound and set it to 'Mute'

3. ARAUD

ARAUD Bit poster

Hi
    Thang you for your response. It's ok, but with this solution i don't have any sound in a windows application. I want to know if there is a solution to disable just this sound?

Tank you

4. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi Araud, please refer to this article to fix bip sound from Windows virtual machine.

5. ARAUD

ARAUD Bit poster

6. PaulChristopher@Parallels

Thank you for sharing the information. Glad your issue has been resolved successfully. Feel free to reach out anytime. We are here to help! Thanks!

7. FrankH4

FrankH4 Bit poster

I'm having the same problem and that beep is driving me crazy. The above mentioned solution from the macrumors forum works more or less. In the vm in settings -> ease of access -> Mouse -> mouse keys. I have to switch the option "use numeric keypad to move mouse around the screen" off. However after a reboot of the virtual machine this option is switched on again. If you are using a headset as I am usually doing you nearly get hearing damage because of this beep. This is really annoying.

It seems a bit strange to me that either windows 10 or Parallels keeps switching options on its own. Does anybody have any ideas on how to fix this before I turn deaf? Oh yeah. I did find out, this also happens if I connect a usb of bluetooth device to my mac. It doesn't matter if I use this device in the vm or not. If the vm is running the above option automatically switches to "on". It seems like a bug to me, but what do I know?

Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
  8. Raj@Parallels

Raj@Parallels Guest

Hi, please follow the steps below and let us know how it works:
    - Windows 10 "PC Settings", select "Ease of Access" then "Keyboard" option.
    - Turn Off "Toggle Keys"
    - Restart Windows virtual machine.

9. FrankH4

FrankH4 Bit poster

Hi Raj,

Thanks for your reply. This doesn't work since my "toggle keys" was already of. I tried that before. By the way, all options in "ease of Access" are off besides the "mouse keys" option (see below) that switches on automatically over and over again. Thats what's driving me crazy.
    Maybe I wasn't clear about my problem. In "Ease of Access" - > "mouse keys", the option "use numeric keypad to move mouse around the screen" switches on automatically. When switched off, its "On " again after the next reboot. It also switches "On" after connecting a bluetooth device to my iMac when the vm is operational.

10. FrankH4

FrankH4 Bit poster

The simplest solution. I've disabled my sound card in the vm. I prefer no sound in windows and normal sound on my mac above hearing damage and annoyance.

11. PaulChristopher@Parallels

Hi FrankH4, please open Start menu > Settings > select Ease of Access > Keyboard and make sure Toggle Keys function is turned off and then check how it works.

12. FrankH4

FrankH4 Bit poster

Hi Paul Chris, as I said before in response on the reaction of Raj (april 28) the above suggestion does nothing. And it was already switched off. Start menu > Settings > select Ease of Access > Mouse keys -> use numeric key -> off, does the trick. However this gets switched on automatically after each reboot. So unfortunately I've disabled my sound card again.
    Cheers,
    Frank

13. Raj@Parallels

Raj@Parallels Guest

Hey @FrankH4,
    Please check whether you have the latest build installed for Parallels Desktop.
    Shutdown virtual machine.
    - Go to virtual machine configuration http://kb.parallels.com/117287 > Hardware > Boot order
    - In Additional settings the field Bootflag please type in: "devices.audio.clock=1" (without quotes)
    - Close the configuration window and start the virtual machine.

14. LeonardC1

LeonardC1 Bit poster

I too just started having this audible beep when I switch between my Mac and Windows. I had Parallels for about 4 weeks, and never had this issue. I tried a few of these steps and nothing is working for me. Was there any resolution to this issue? Or, maybe I'm not doing something right.

15. Do you have this issue with 1 application only? Or with all Windows apps?

16. LeonardC1

LeonardC1 Bit poster

ALL applications when returning back into Windows 10: Anytime I click outside of Windows 10 (into MAC/OS), no audible beep. However, every time returning and clicking on ANY application in Windows, I get an audible beep (every time). So, very annoying because I'm constantly going back in forth working on multiple applications at the same time in both operating systems.

17. Please try the following:
    Method 1:
    You can also change the Windows Sound scheme as "None" and check for the issue.
    a. In search, type Sound and hit Enter.
    b. On the Sounds tab, select "No Sounds" under Sound scheme, click Save As.
    c. In the Save Scheme As dialog box, type a name for the new sound scheme.
    The new scheme is displayed in the Sound scheme box.
    Check if you still come across the Beep sound.

Method 2:
    Run the System Maintenance troubleshooter and check the status.
    1.Open Control Panel.
    2.Click on 'search' and type 'Troubleshooting' and select 'Troubleshooting'.
    3.On the left pane click "View all" and then click "System Maintenance" and run the troubleshooter.
    4.Once the troubleshooter is run, restart the computer and check the status.

18. LeonardC1

LeonardC1 Bit poster

Method 1: The "No Sounds" is already applied.
    Method 2: Ran this, and the results were "no issues found."

19. LeonardC1

LeonardC1 Bit poster

Any other suggestion(s)? I mentioned this beeping problem during a service call prior to my "30 day free period" expiring, and was told they already know about it, but no fix. Is that true?

20. DustinHullett

DustinHullett Product Expert