Speechmike and Airbridge and Dragon Medical One

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by DariusR1, Feb 10, 2022.

1. DariusR1

DariusR1 Bit poster

I have managed to use a speechmike air with the standard microphone stand via parallels and windows 10. This allows me to use dragon medical one speech recognition. When I can use the mini USB dongle (airbridge) however the device is recognized as a dumb microphone and the button on the microphone do not work and speech recognition does not occur. Philips's own control center does not recognize the speechmike if it is connected via the airbridge mini dongle. Any suggestions?

2. AlbertN2

AlbertN2 Junior Member

Unfortunately as of today, the airbridge can be recognised properly on the Mac side only. I have been unsuccessful in having my SpeechMike Air + Airbridge recognized successfully in Windows 10 and Windows 11.

3. DariusR1

DariusR1 Bit poster

Thank you.
    I have asked Speak-IT if they can liaise with Philips if they could potentially tweak the firmware on the airbridge to work the same way as the standard connection. I am not confident if this will result in anything soon.

4. AlbertN2

AlbertN2 Junior Member

Hoping for better luck on your end. Philips' reply to my support ticket returned the following response :
    We do not support Parallels, we support Windows or a Mac but not Windows running on a Mac. However, I did check with third level support.
    Other than checking to make sure the firmware is the most recent version 4.66 they have no other suggestions.

5. CORNAIREP

CORNAIREP Bit poster

Does the SpeeckMike work correctly for you with the usb station ? (not with Airbridge). For me, it works only a few second and that's all... after freeze and error. Same thing with another app.

6. AlbertN2

AlbertN2 Junior Member

Hi,

I happened to test this this morning for myself, current and future Apple clients
    With latest firmware version 4.68 and Airbridge at 1.13 and Parallels v18.1.0 (53311)

SpeechMike Premium Air when using the docking and the Airbridge works perfectly in Windows 11 on a Mac with M1 processor

Cheers,

Albert
    VocalTek Solutions Inc.

7. DariusR1

DariusR1 Bit poster

I also have managed to get Dragon Medical One to work with Speechmike Premium Air with Airbridge, Parallels 19 running Windows 10 on MacBook Pro Intel Core i9 with Sonoma 14.