Sr. Citizen Questions, Please

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by RobertR18, Jun 2, 2018.

1. RobertR18

RobertR18 Member

Hello,

Please bear with me a bit; am in my 80's now and although I hate
    to admit it, I miss many of the nuances.

I have to admit that the Parallels folks do a great job with all the help articles they pose, and also their phone help,

Have read many, many of their kb articles, but-

For someone like me, who, besides age, is not that sharp with this stuff, is there:

a. An overall User Manual that I can print out ?

b. Or, what kb article(s)s should I read to get started, and to try to understand all of the options, etc. There are just so many.

For a Non-Power user like me, what options should I configure and set to get started with it as an initial setup ?
    *I would like to keep both sides totally independent, and not interacting in any way

Specific questions, although (a) and (b) above are the most important:

c. How do I get into and out of Coherence Mode ? (I have the latest rev., I think)

d. What is the difference between the two icons (both with the 2 red parallel bars) that is on my Dock ?
    One is labeled Parallels Desktop, and the other Windows 10. Which do I want to use, when ?

e. Incredibly slow opening up anything on Windows side. Why, likely ?
    What should I check, or change in any of the Configuration options ? Where to do ?

Much thanks.
    Really appreciate the help,
    Bob

2. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support