I am currently running Parallels v2.5 on a three year old MacBook Pro (v3.0 had some problems) which is running Tiger. Having purchased a new MacBook Pro (did the Snow Leopard upgrade) and Parallels 4.0, I have not yet done the migration assistant to get data from the old unit to the new one as I want to purge out some old data and software that doesn't need to clog up the new unit.
I wonder what is the best step for either installation or upgrade of P4.0 to the newer unit and OS. Should I:
a) Install 4.0 on the new unit (and the Windows XP); delete P2.5 from old unit; then run migration assistant to transfer my data,
b) Run migration assistant, then on the new unit upgrade the 2.5 to 4.0 [I see comments of some upgrade bugs from 3.0 to 4.0]
c) other-suggestions
A scan of the knowledgebase did not bring about a result in my search. This topic also fails to appear in the manual as best as I can tell.
I wonder what is the best step for either installation or upgrade of P4.0 to the newer unit and OS. Should I:
a) Install 4.0 on the new unit (and the Windows XP); delete P2.5 from old unit; then run migration assistant to transfer my data,
b) Run migration assistant, then on the new unit upgrade the 2.5 to 4.0 [I see comments of some upgrade bugs from 3.0 to 4.0]
c) other-suggestions
A scan of the knowledgebase did not bring about a result in my search. This topic also fails to appear in the manual as best as I can tell.