I have Win XP Pro installed. We use a static IP on our windows domain at work, so the network connection has it's own IP address in WinXP.
Configire is set to Default Adapter. So my "Mac" has one static IP, and the Win XP Virtual machine has its own... No problem, everything works just fine..
But then when I come home, I have an Airpot Extreme Base with DHCP. Completely different router config. I can boot up WinXp, and manually change the settings to DHCP, but then when I go into work the next morning, I have to type in the static settings (IP, Subnet, Router, DNS etc)...
Is there a way around this? Can I clone the Win XP Pro I have and just run it in DHCP for home use? or do I need to install another copy of Win XP Home or something? I just want to be able to get on the internet and use a couple of apps in a windows environment at home, nothing heavy duty...
Thanks!
Preston
Configire is set to Default Adapter. So my "Mac" has one static IP, and the Win XP Virtual machine has its own... No problem, everything works just fine..
But then when I come home, I have an Airpot Extreme Base with DHCP. Completely different router config. I can boot up WinXp, and manually change the settings to DHCP, but then when I go into work the next morning, I have to type in the static settings (IP, Subnet, Router, DNS etc)...
Is there a way around this? Can I clone the Win XP Pro I have and just run it in DHCP for home use? or do I need to install another copy of Win XP Home or something? I just want to be able to get on the internet and use a couple of apps in a windows environment at home, nothing heavy duty...
Thanks!
Preston