Still Having Beta 5 Issue After Changing Hypervisor

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by JohnS30, Aug 24, 2020.

1. JohnS30

JohnS30 Junior Member

I followed the solution offered in the KB article to change the VM Hypervisor setting to Apple. Now when I start my VM, Parallels tried to reinstall Tools and consistently freezes at 3%. I've removed Parallels and reinstalled several times and continue to have this issue. Thanks for any guidance.

2. Hi, when you used Parallels HV did you get the same issue?

3. JohnS30

JohnS30 Junior Member

That triggers and immediate crash.

4. Thanks a lot for your fast response.
    Could you collect the tech report once the issue reproduced and post the report's ID here.

5. JohnS30

JohnS30 Junior Member

ID: 347930689

6. JohnS30

JohnS30 Junior Member

Anything new on this issue? Thanks.

7. Hello, please update your Parallels Desktop to the latest build 16.0.1. and check the issue.

8. JohnS30

JohnS30 Junior Member

After the update, things are better. I now have a problem in that apparently Dropbox moves the Mac Desktop file so I can not share folders/files. I can't move the Desktop folder back to its original location as that will disrupt Dropbox backup. I didn't have this problem before uodating., Strange.

9. Thank you for your reply. Could you check this article please? and let us know if it's not that case.

10. JohnS30

JohnS30 Junior Member

That article doesn't match the current version of the software, specifically the new Smart Sync capability.

11. Will sharing from VM configuration work for you? You can share specific folder from VM config and check the issue.

12. JohnS30

JohnS30 Junior Member

I have shared the Dropbox folder via VM config. It's a workaround but the Desktop accessibility error message pops up on initial launch and when use File Explorer to get to the Dropbox folder. It's an annoyance but at least I can access the files.

13. Hi, could you please share a screenshot of "Desktop accessibility error message"?

14. JohnS30

JohnS30 Junior Member

Here you go.
    Thanks for your assistance.

Attached Files:

15. Could you collect the tech report once the issue reproduced and post the report's ID here?

16. JohnS30

JohnS30 Junior Member

ID: 350693974
    Thanks!

17. Thank you for the provided report.
    We've already involved Parallels Engineering team in this case. Once we get any updates we will contact you here.
    Thank you for cooperation with us.

18. Hello guys, we would like to inform you that Parallels Desktop update 16.1.0 has been release recently.
    Please update your Parallels Desktop version to the latest build and check the issue.
    Please share any results with us.