Still using Parallels... one year on?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by A200, Sep 22, 2022.

1. A200

A200 Bit poster

Most people who answer "no" probably won't be here to reply, but I think there are still a fair number of casual users (much like myself) who installed Parallels on the M1 Macs to see how well Windows ran on it. Having used it for a year, I have come to the conclusion that it really is for specific tasks or programmes where people need the Windows OS to run. Even where I've tried it for gaming, ultimately I've not really persisted and reverted to playing games on the PS5 (which is of course a games machine).

While the recent updates have made the Parallels experience more smoother and quicker, and I really like the removal of the two red parallel lines on the app icons, almost everything I've done in Windows on Parallels I can also do through Mac apps (most, especially Office now being native M1 apps too). Thus, however stable Parallels may be, I cannot really justify the disk usage and duplicating apps in some cases just for the sake of using Windows on my Mac. I have an old Surface pro which I use to try out the new windows updates etc.

Over and out, for now.