Stop 0x0000007B Error with BootCamp

ThierryP

Junior Member
Hello,

I just try Parallels Desktop 7 last release on my MacBook Pro 2.5Ghz 17 inch with BootCamp.

My BootCamp Partition and my win7 installation working great when I start from the boot my windows with all drivers installed.

I add the bootcamp partition correctly to Parallels Desktop once I use OSX Lion 10.7.2 but when I start the VM, I got a blue screen with error "Stop 0x0000007B".

I tried these three solutions but it looks like it is for older Parallels Desktop version :

1. http://kb.parallels.com/en/112772

No changes here by setting IDE instead of SATA...

2. http://kb.parallels.com/en/5670

same results here

3. http://kb.parallels.com/en/5021

no parallels folder in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/

4. http://kb.parallels.com/en/8561

no parallels tools in the add/remove programs...

Well, no luck, so please help.

Thanks anyway.
 
I'd contact technical support directly for this problem. None of us have seen this error so nobody had an idea about fixing it.

Parallels staff are around on occasion but it's mostly fellow users who sort issues out on the forum.
 
Ok, i'll try to contact them but actually, i'm on trial. Support is only available for licensed users, right ?

I would like to be sure that problem can be resolvec before purchasing Parallels Desktop.

Thanks for answer.
 
I suggest you to run check disk and try again.
Go to start menu, type cmd in search bar, press return. in terminal window type:
chkdsk /r
than type
Y
and restart the Boot Camp.
If it doesn't help do the following:
Go to Start menu, type Regedit in search and press return. Change the following values:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ControlSet001\services\atapi\start change value from 3 to 0
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ControlSet001\services\intelide\start change value from 3 to 0
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ControlSet001\services\msachi\start change value from 3 to 0
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ControlSet002\services\atapi\start change value from 3 to 0
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ControlSet002\services\intelide\start change value from 3 to 0
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ControlSet002\services\msachi\start change value from 3 to 0
 
First solution did not work.

For second solution, both

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ControlSet001\services\atapi\start
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ControlSet002\services\atapi\start

was already set to 0

and it was HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\...

But, it correct the problem, i can now use entirely my bootcamp partition under my OSX.

Thanks Parallels :)
 
The question was not about BSOD - it is pretty obvious you have it as it is stated in the name of this thread. but did you migrate your VM from a real PC?
 
I dont really understand what u mean.

I made a normal Bootcamp which I want to migrate into Parallels, while this Migration the System needs a startup and in this Startup I get BSOD...
 
The Problem is, that this blue Error Screen is only there for like half a second and then the Migration is failed and its trying again after few second (and fails again)
 
What i suggest it to good natively into the Boot Camp and run Check Disk (chkdsk /r) in Command Prompt. You might have some minor OS corruptions.
 
Back
Top