MichaelJ10
Bit poster
I installed Parallels 12 and the Parallels Toolbox on my MacBook Air running Sierra (10.12.2) without a problem. I then attempted to install Windows 10 Pro (64 Bit USB Stick) to an external drive. I would get several errors without completing the install. This happened 3 times and each time I erased the old attempts. I noticed that each failure would fail at different times during the install and each failure would not be the same.
I then downloaded the *.iso file from Microsoft and proceeded to try the install again. It would not allow me to use the same name for the Windows 10 install as I previously did (even though I had erased all old attempts) for some strange reason, so I went with another name. The install went as it should and installed correctly the first time.
I did notice that the installation also created a folder in the dock called Windows Applications? The installation also created a Red Parallels Icon below the various drive icons on the right side. I went into Windows and everything seems ok.
I then closed down Windows and rebooted the computer and did a Sierra update to 10.12.3, and after that was completed I noticed that the Windows Folder called Windows Applications was missing and also the Red Parallels Icon (WIndows) had changed to what looked like a sheet of paper. I could not find the Windows Folder anywhere and then I moved the Windows Icon to the drive folder where the VM File resides and it changed back to the Red Parallels Windows Icon. For some reason leaving it on the desktop will not allow it to change back to the Red Icon so I have left it in the Drive Folder.
From what I can see the Red Parallels Windows 10 Icon is just an Icon.
Does it really matter where the Icon resides, and what purpose does it serve?
I am curious as to what happened to the Windows Applications Folder, it does not appear to have any ill effect on Windows Running?
Any comments and or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Mike
I then downloaded the *.iso file from Microsoft and proceeded to try the install again. It would not allow me to use the same name for the Windows 10 install as I previously did (even though I had erased all old attempts) for some strange reason, so I went with another name. The install went as it should and installed correctly the first time.
I did notice that the installation also created a folder in the dock called Windows Applications? The installation also created a Red Parallels Icon below the various drive icons on the right side. I went into Windows and everything seems ok.
I then closed down Windows and rebooted the computer and did a Sierra update to 10.12.3, and after that was completed I noticed that the Windows Folder called Windows Applications was missing and also the Red Parallels Icon (WIndows) had changed to what looked like a sheet of paper. I could not find the Windows Folder anywhere and then I moved the Windows Icon to the drive folder where the VM File resides and it changed back to the Red Parallels Windows Icon. For some reason leaving it on the desktop will not allow it to change back to the Red Icon so I have left it in the Drive Folder.
From what I can see the Red Parallels Windows 10 Icon is just an Icon.
Does it really matter where the Icon resides, and what purpose does it serve?
I am curious as to what happened to the Windows Applications Folder, it does not appear to have any ill effect on Windows Running?
Any comments and or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Mike