Suddenly mouse pointer issues

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by jdxjohn, Nov 11, 2019.

1. jdxjohn

jdxjohn Member

I've been running this W10 VM for ages, in full-screen non-coherence mode. I haven't updated Parallels or made any settings changes but in the last few days I noticed a few mouse-pointer and focus issues appear:
    1. If I try to active Mac screengrab selection in Parallels, the cross-hair appears but it doesn't move in fact the mouse cursor stops responding. If I click or press escape, I now have two mouse cursors visible. One works as normal, the other stays in the previous position and cannot move
    2. When I have notifications hovering in the top right of MacOS e.g. the "please install updates", these do not respond to the mouse when in Parallels. In other words, they are 'on top' of the mouse, if I click on them it activates whatever Windows button is underneath. This means I cannot dismiss them without jumping back to MacOS.
    I'm running Mojave 10.14.5 as I do not wish to upgrade to Catalina.

2. Abishek

Abishek Member

3. jdxjohn

jdxjohn Member

upload_2019-11-19_11-16-2.png
    I was able to take a screenshot of the mouse cursor by dragging the other mouse cursor to grab a screen-shot... I also now see two cursors. One 'chases' the other if I move it quickly.

4. LawrenceH3

LawrenceH3 Bit poster

First of all, if you have an external mouse connected through Bluetooth /wireless or in a wired manner, please check the batteries and make sure that the integrity of the device is ok, the cable is not torn and the USB connection is functioning properly.

Maria@Parallels likes this.