Switching between guest and host now happens PER windiow?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by pufferdude, Oct 24, 2013.

1. pufferdude

pufferdude Member

I just upgraded to the latest PD9 patch and Mavericks, and now I see the following new behavior: When I CTRL-ARROW to switch between full-screen Win8 guest and OSX host, it USED TO switch both the MBP and external monitors simultaneously, so I could use each OS with two screens. Now each screen seems to need a CTRL-ARROW separately (whichever monitor your mouse is on is the one that switches). Needless to say, I don't want to have to CTRL-ARROW twice just to get two monitors on the same OS.

Is there a way to revert to the old behavior? I don't even know if this is a Mavericks or PD9 issue, but I can't find any setting in either that seems to control this.

2. pufferdude

pufferdude Member

Doh... found it minutes after posting this (funny how that always seems to happen!) The setting is in Mavericks under System Prefs | Mission Control | Displays Have Separate Spaces. Un-checking that returns to the old behavior I'm used to.