Tally ERP 9 Licensing Problem with Parallels for mac

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by varung, Aug 7, 2013.

1. varung

varung Bit poster

I have tally erp 9 multi user software which works great on my windows pc.

i have installled windows 8 via bootcamp on my mac and tally works great on my windows 8 ,(IF I BOOT MY OPERATING SYSTEM TO WINDOWS )

BUT
    if i run parallels on mac and try to run tally ,within parallels(windows 8 ) it does not find the licence from the server and works only in educational mode ,
    i have tried contacting the software company but they refused me to help since they don't support macintosh operating systems ,

i convinced them that its a windows operating system but they were still not able to sort out the problem ,

please help me to get rid of this problem

TALLY ERP 9 is an accounting software used in india by majority of people

thanks
    varun

2. varung

varung Bit poster

screenshot of the error

Screen Shot 2013-08-07 at 3.54.13 PM.jpg

this is the error i get when i run tally via parallels

3. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

Seems like a network problem, is the server local or on the internet? Try to change your network mode to bridged if it's local.

4. YogeshM

YogeshM Bit poster

I am experiencing the same problem. Please revert how to resolve the issue.

5. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Have you tried changing the network mode to bridged and checked?

6. YogeshM

YogeshM Bit poster

Unable to locate the Bridged Network option in Parallels Desktop>Preferences. There is no Network option available.
    Please elaborate the process.
    Thanks.

7. YogeshM

YogeshM Bit poster

Just checked the Help section topics. It says the Network option is avaioable in Parallels for Mac Pro edition only. Is there another method of resolving the issue?

8. Shathish@Parallels

Shathish@Parallels Pro

Hello @YogeshM Please start the virtual machine and click on Two Red lines(Parallels icon) on the Mac Menu bar and Go To Devices > Network > Bridged Network > Default Adapter. Please refer this article http://kb.parallels.com/4948 and check it helps. Thanks, Shathish

9. YogeshM

YogeshM Bit poster

Tried. The Network option does not appear in the Devices screen as elaborated above.

10. Shathish@Parallels

Shathish@Parallels Pro

Hello @YogeshM Could you please share some screenshots and also, please open your virtual machine configuration http://kb.parallels.com/117287 and go to Hardware and check whether the Network Adapter is there or not. Thanks, Shathish

11. YogeshM

YogeshM Bit poster

Hi Varun, is the above issue resolved for you?

12. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @YogeshM, If the "Network" tab is unavailable, please open your virtual machine configuration and go to Hardware and click on "+" to add the Network adapter.

13. YogeshM

YogeshM Bit poster

Thanks. The issue was resolved by creating a new IP address and network connection in the virtual machine.

14. NikhilJ2

NikhilJ2 Bit poster

ok any idea how to do that in the virtual machine as even I am having issue activating the tally licence

15. NikhilJ2

NikhilJ2 Bit poster

can u pls explain how did u solve the issue so I can follow the steps and activate tally