Taskbar obscure app, apps not using all screen

Discussion in 'Parallels Client for iOS' started by ricdgr, Oct 24, 2013.

1. ricdgr

ricdgr Member

Hi,

I'm having quite a wierd problem with all 2X Clients.
    When I reconnect to a full desktop session, the bottom 15-20 pixels of a maximized application get obscured by the Windows taskbar.
    Also, when connecting to a application (not full desktop), the bottom of my iPad screen shows a black bar of approx 15-20px. The application is not obscured, it just does not use all the screen.

Is anyone seeing the same? Any workaround?

Thanks.

2. jpc

jpc Pro

The issue with the desktop sessions should be solved soon.

However, when using a published application on an iPad, a number of pixels are reserved to display the windows system tray. The tray is only visible when an application is making use of it, hence why you see that it does not use the whole screen.

3. ricdgr

ricdgr Member

Personally I would prefer those 20px would only be reserved when a tray icon is actually present, to not waste mobile screen real estate.
    Any chance of making this configurable?
    Maybe making the tray a "window on top".
    Or, at least, to always show a tray (ex.: a gray rectangle at the bottom)?

4. jpc

jpc Pro

I believe that I have seen the tray being laid on top of other windows. You can resize the window to occupy the whole screen, but by default, when it is maximised the window will leave a little space for the tray. That space is useful not only for the tray, but also as a place for other minimised applications that you might have launched in the same session.

5. ricdgr

ricdgr Member

What I was suggesting was to make the application take all the screen, and make the tray "window on top", maybe with a arrow to show or hide it (like the current 2X bar).