John Blagden
Bit poster
Hi
I've brought Parallels in order to access some remote webcams with some awful software that only works on XP.
I have a PC laptop and I've managed to get that working with the software. The secret was to open some specific ports on my router and set a fixed IP on my PC for port forwarding to.
However, my attempts to mirror this success on the XP I have on the Mac using Parallels is proving a little tricky. I can get XP to see the internet quite easily, so so far so good, but trying to access the webcams just gets the response "All TCP/IP socket connections are in use".
I have a fixed IP on my Mac (Mac Pro/10.6) and I've configured the Virtual Machine to 'Shared Networking'. The webcam software (VCL Lite) was installed to use the 'network adapter'.
Could any kind person point me in the right direction as I'm sure I've missed something very simple.
TIA
I've brought Parallels in order to access some remote webcams with some awful software that only works on XP.
I have a PC laptop and I've managed to get that working with the software. The secret was to open some specific ports on my router and set a fixed IP on my PC for port forwarding to.
However, my attempts to mirror this success on the XP I have on the Mac using Parallels is proving a little tricky. I can get XP to see the internet quite easily, so so far so good, but trying to access the webcams just gets the response "All TCP/IP socket connections are in use".
I have a fixed IP on my Mac (Mac Pro/10.6) and I've configured the Virtual Machine to 'Shared Networking'. The webcam software (VCL Lite) was installed to use the 'network adapter'.
Could any kind person point me in the right direction as I'm sure I've missed something very simple.
TIA