The Dec 3 update of Parallels 9 (Build 9.0.24172) breaks Finder when opening files.

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by PedroJ, Dec 12, 2013.

1. PedroJ

PedroJ Bit poster

I have a 2012 Macbook Retina Pro 15 running Mavericks.

I thought this was contained to just file-open dialogs within Parallels (like when trying to mount an disc image). But I find it affects every single file-open window of any app whenever I turn on Parallels (which is always). I did not have the issue with the previous build.

What happens is that I open the dialog. As I browse to find my target, the dialog will suddenly just close. But it does not stop there. From that point on, I can't access any Parallels menus from the menubar - all options are grayed out. My only option is to go to the Dock and make the app quit. Most of the time it crashes and submit a crash report.

But today, l noticed that the bad behavior has extended to other apps. When I tried to find a place to save a file with a save-file dialog, after a few seconds the dialog close suddenly, but now the Finder menubar was completely unresponsive. Apps did not respond to clicks, including Parallels. After to restarts, I stopped starting Parallels after the boot and everything seems to be normal.

I wonder if I'm the only one with this issue (which means I'm probably screwed). But it would be great if I can revert my install of Parallels to the previous build. Is there any way to do that?

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013