The mouse and gaming

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by DawdaG, Apr 20, 2012.

?

Do you think you'll have use of this sometime?

1. Yes!

66.7%
  2. No!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Maybe

33.3%
  4. Couldn't care less..

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. DawdaG

DawdaG Bit poster

Even though you have made exceptional progress in making the gaming experience for your users good, it's not yet perfect.
    One of the big issues have always been the mouse. It's behaving better by every version you release but still it's not performing fully as good as a native mouse does.

So i figured.. Why not make the mouse native in windows during games and other activities?
    As i have sometimes plugged in 2 mice and had one dedicated for the virtual machine i noticed an extreme difference.
    So, could you in some way make a fast switch hotkey?

In example if you press cmd+opt+shift+M (or what ever, user defined maybe?) Then Parallels moves the driver from OSx to the Virtual OS. Push the keys again and it releases it to the Mac again. This could even be good for other activities, not just gaming. For example ALL mouse buttons will work as it should in windows since there is no interference from OSx.

It could even be applied in Modality and maybe even in Coherence.. if ever needed.

This could solve most of the major mouse problems, including some of the vanishing pointers.

And please answer the poll.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
  2. YanaYana

YanaYana