The new iPad resolution

Discussion in 'Parallels Client for iOS' started by jvandenbroek, Jun 13, 2012.

1. jvandenbroek

jvandenbroek Guest

Hi,

It would be nice if 2X Client add the new iPad resolution of 2048x1536, and probably some resolutions in between. Now if we select the max resolution of 1280x1024, we still have to swipe through the screen instead of it being displayed fullscreen. So basically I ask to support the new iPad :)
    Thanks.

Joost

2. woqz

woqz Hunter

ive got the new ipad and it works pretty much the same as the ipad 2 as far as display goes. what are the display settings you have set?

3. jvandenbroek

jvandenbroek Guest

That's my point, it behaves the same as on iPad 1 / 2, while the new iPad has a much higher resolution. Supporting a 2X / RDP session of the new iPad's native resolution would be very nice. I admit that probably results in a unreadable small display, but then at least support something in between like 1280x1024 full screen. If you set 1280x1024 in the current version, you can pinch zoom until it fits the iPad screen, but that's not ideal. And because of the control bar on the bottom of the screen, this resolution should be more like 1280x800 (or so, didn't calculate it) to fit completely. If you now choose to use the optimal resolution, it'll be set to 1024x704 which in some cases is too small for certain apps.

4. jpc

jpc Pro

Support for the new iPad resolutions should be coming underway.