I have a company XP VM with the latest Viruscan and security agent installed, so I thought it would be safe to install a new video codec that the Viruscan said is clean. Surprise surprise that I woke up this morning to find lots of windows with naked women in them and the security agent said that windows was infected with a virus.
Since I always clone my XP VMS whenever I install something new. I simply deleted that infected VM and go back to the one right before it was infected.
Another lesson learned and it reconfirms my belief that windows can't possibly be safe if you install anything you're not 100% certain it's safe, even if all the viruscan software say it's clean.
Since I always clone my XP VMS whenever I install something new. I simply deleted that infected VM and go back to the one right before it was infected.
Another lesson learned and it reconfirms my belief that windows can't possibly be safe if you install anything you're not 100% certain it's safe, even if all the viruscan software say it's clean.