Yesterday, after spending the whole day and through the night wiping out my hard drive and reinstalling everything, I thought all was working well.
Today, I TRY to start Parallels and I get the following window:
"Unable to connect to Parallels Service.
Make sure that the prl_disp_service process is active and it is not blocked by Firewall. If the problem persists, contact the Parallels support team for assistance."
The firewall on the Mac side is off. I can't tell what it is on the Windows XP side since I can't start Parallels.
How do I tell if the prl_disp_service process is active and whether the firewall is off if I can't open Windows?
What needs to be done to correct this issue? I have sent a report to Parallels, but not sure how long that will take to get a reply.
Thanks.
Today, I TRY to start Parallels and I get the following window:
"Unable to connect to Parallels Service.
Make sure that the prl_disp_service process is active and it is not blocked by Firewall. If the problem persists, contact the Parallels support team for assistance."
The firewall on the Mac side is off. I can't tell what it is on the Windows XP side since I can't start Parallels.
How do I tell if the prl_disp_service process is active and whether the firewall is off if I can't open Windows?
What needs to be done to correct this issue? I have sent a report to Parallels, but not sure how long that will take to get a reply.
Thanks.