"The system cannot find the file specified"

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Jeremy Kahn, Apr 8, 2010.

1. Jeremy Kahn

Jeremy Kahn Bit poster

Upon running a program that I'm using to play a video file I get an error message when trying to open the video. The message is "The system cannot find the file specified". I've tried putting the video file in the same folder as the video player I'm using, as well as the root directory of my computer (C: drive). I also put the video player in the root along with the video, and I still get the same error message. Also, just to make sure, I also put the video in my documents on the Mac side, still I got the message. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

It seems that certain programs give me this message, while others don't have trouble opening an external file. The reason I'm using this program is that it's supposed to be a good video editing program. I guess I could always find another program that will work, but this isn't the first time I've received the message. A solution to this would be great, so I don't run into this problem again.

I'm running WinXP (I believe it has service pack 2 installed, I haven't used this cd for awhile so I'm not sure if this is the one with it or not). My Mac is 10.5.8, Leopard.