This app can't open.

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by VicG, Mar 22, 2017.

1. VicG

VicG Bit poster

Any idea how to Fix the following error:
    "This app can't open. Settings can't be opened using the Built-in Administrator account. Sign in with a different account and try again."
    I get the same type of error when ever I try to open a Microsoft app. Calendar, Camera, Groove Music, Microsoft Edge, Maps, etc.

I am using Parallels Desktop for Mac Version 12.1.3 (41532), and Windows 10 pro 64bit. Signed in with an account that is set to Administrator.

Any help will be appreciated.
    Thanks

2. Hi did you try this?

3. VicG

VicG Bit poster

Yes, I have tried them all, and they all require going to the "Local Security Policy Desktop App" and when I do I get the following error: Group Policy Error - Failed to open the Group Policy Object on this computer. You might not have the appropriate rights. Details: Unspecified error"
    Thanks, any other suggestions?

Vic

4. Please try this for changing group policy

5. BadshahS

BadshahS Bit poster

Same error here as well. Any solution yet? I am using Windows 10 Home on a 64-bit Arch.

6. BadshahS

BadshahS Bit poster

Okay. So, the problem seems to be with my UAC settings, I am not sure though. I tried several things and after changing the UAC control level, the error seems to have resolved. Here is what I did.
    Control Panel > User Accounts > User Accounts.
    Click > Change User Account Control settings

Set the slider to first (Alway Notify) or second Level. If that didn't work, set it to Level 3 and try again.
    Source: thetechminute
    The problem is, while the error vanishes after changing the UAC settings for a few hours, after the restart, it starts again and when I check my UAC settings, it is set to default and changing it Level 2 solves the error. I am unable to keep the UAC setting without it changing after every restart, but for now, it works as I only hibernate PC>