This initial program cannot be started: memshell.exe

Discussion in 'Parallels Remote Application Server' started by Erazer, Jun 21, 2008.

1. Erazer

Erazer Guest

"The system cannot find the file specified. This initial program cannot be started: memshell.exe Please consult help for more information".
    HOW SOLVE it on Windows Server 2003 x64 ? "Memshell.exe needs to be copied from \windows\SysWOW64 to CLIENTS "\windows\system32." does not solve problem :(

2. nixu

nixu Guest

Hi there,

Thanks for the info.. this issue comes up due to some missing DLLs on the system. This issues is fixed for the next version.

Thanks for pointing it out.

Nixu

3. Erazer

Erazer Guest

So i have to sit and wait when you release new version ? and you can't give any advice how to fix it ? :D

4. nixu

nixu Guest

Ah sorry....

I tough you solved the issus ...

All you have to do is to copy memshell.exe from the server's \windows\SysWOW64 to the servers's \windows\system32

Nixu

5. Erazer

Erazer Guest

Cool!!! I tryed to do it, and got length of memshell =0! as i understood wow.. and sysem32 is the same folder but one of them is only hard link to an other or something like. becouse if i move memshell from system32 so i don't see it in wow folder, if i copy it to wow i can see it in system 32 :lol: i m steel not strong in server x64, but i feel its just link hard or symbolic. You cant to make same as i ? Just download trial version of server 2003 x64 and vmware and stop to give fulish, not working advices :wink: Still wait for working advice :wink:

6. cono

cono Guest

Same here

I just promoted one of our TS servers to the backup server role in our 2X environment. Apparently that also deletes the memshell.exe file from system32 folder. Copying it back from the primary 2x server into backup one got the server back on line. This is an easy fix.

Thanks for the info.

7. anjlena1

anjlena1 Bit poster

I tryed to do it, and got length of memshell =0! as i understood wow.. and sysem32 is the same folder but one of them is only hard link to an other or something like. becouse if i move memshell from system32 so i don't see it in wow folder, if i copy it to wow i can see it in system 32 i m steel not strong in server x64, but i feel its just link hard or symbolic. You cant to make same as i ? Just download trial version of server 2003 x64 and vmware and stop to give fulish,