This is puzzling to me ...

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by MikeFromMesa, Dec 10, 2017.

1. MikeFromMesa

MikeFromMesa Member

I recently installed version 13 of Parallels on my Mac Mini (High Sierra, i7, 16GB RAM, 256GB ssd) and installed some Windows photo editors. Two of those were Photoshop CS5.1 and Corel PaintShopPro 2018. Both work properly when Parallels is running.

I noticed the other day that if I am working on the Mac and right-click an image file and choose Open With, I am presented not only with the Mac photo editors, but also with the Windows version of Photoshop. That was a surprise to me as I did not think I would have the choice of the Windows apps as well, but I do not have the choice of PaintShop Pro. I assume the inclusion of Photoshop in my Open With choices is due to Parallels, but why is PaintShop Pro not included as well? Is there some setting that I have to make to have it available? I did nothing that I know of to get Photoshop listed.

I am just puzzled as to why I have the choice of one, but not the other.

2. DenisO

DenisO Parallels Developers

Hi,
    please specify which type of image file you selected. Also run your Windows VM with PaintShopPro and send technical data at this moment (see http://kb.parallels.com/9058). After that post me a Problem Report ID. I will try to understand the problem.

Thank you,
    Denis

3. MikeFromMesa

MikeFromMesa Member

I have tried it with 4 different image types - raw (ORF), raw (dng), tiff and jpg, and it does not show up with any of them. Since tiff and jpg should be common enough I have attached a screen shot showing what apps are displayed when I right-click on my Mac.

I will submit the problem report as you requested.

UPDATE: Done. Problem report number 230221904

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
  4. DenisO

DenisO Parallels Developers

OK,
    I reproduced this problem and will investigate it.
    While you can take advantage of this workaround: drag-n-drop the file to the PaintShopPro icon in the dock. If you want to make PaintShopPro the default application for this image type then in the appeared notification choose "Make".

Attached Files: