This virtual machine has one or more hard disks with 4 KB logical sectors.

JeffT3

Bit poster
I have a new MacBook pro.
I created a bootcamp partition with boot camp assistant and migrated my windows partition with winclone
Windows boots up fine, re-installed the boot camp drivers, but when I try to start boot camp with parallels I get this message
This virtual machine has one or more hard disks with 4 KB logical sectors.
To start such a virtual machine, go to the virtual machine configuration > Hardware > Boot Order and select Use EFI Boot.

I do NOT have that option under my Boot order in configuration.
I have done a bunch of searches and only find reference to that error back in 2015 when Apple changed the format of their SSD.
I came from a early 2013 MacBrook pro to a 2017 MacBook pro is I definitely fall into that issue but I am using parallels 13 which is not supposed to have any issues with this.

Appreciate any help
Thanks Jeff
 
How long does it normally take to get a response from support?
This appears to be the only way to reach out to them
 
Thank you for your help.
I have made the configuration change and now I get the similar result as specified in the kb link where you set that flag to 0 to solve it :)
Additionally I get the message that there is no operating system installed

A technical report with the ID number 245845638 has been sent to Parallels.

Thanks again
 
Does anyone know how to contact support besides these forums?
Really not making much progress here

Thanks
 
In the absence of any response or support I am now looking at VMware Fusion and VirtualBox.
I am very sorry I just spent money to upgrade Parallels but I have been using it for years and I never realized how bad the support has gotten.
I remember 5-6 years ago actually having an email exchange with support about an issue.
Guess those are the good old days huh?
 
I have exactly the same problem here - used Winclone to move the Bootcamp from one machine to another.
Works fine when booting into Windows, however unable to access the bootcamp install through parallels.
 
I have exactly the same problem here - used Winclone to move the Bootcamp from one machine to another.
Works fine when booting into Windows, however unable to access the bootcamp install through parallels.
Hi, did you try the suggestion above? Also could you please provide us with more infomation about the issue? Maybe with the error/warning message screenshot?
 
Hi Maria,
The first screen shot is the error that appears when you try and create a virtual machine from bootcamp.
The next two screen shots are after you follow the instructions and try and boot using vm.bios.efi=64 in the Boot flags section of the configuration.
Hope this helps.
Cheers
Drago




Screen Shot 2019-05-07 at 10.39.51 pm.png Screen Shot 2019-05-07 at 10.42.25 pm.png Screen Shot 2019-05-07 at 10.42.42 pm.png
 
Back
Top