Thought I already had Parallels 13 Professional perpetual license, but now...

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by tedoforest, Oct 25, 2019.

1. tedoforest

tedoforest Bit poster

Thought I already had Parallels 13 Professional perpetual license, but now when I try to use the app, it prompts me to upgrade. Yes, I know the licensing situation has changed for newer versions but didn't think license would change for an already purchased perpetual license (purchased Jan 2018).

I don't want and won't participate in a subscription model.

The app runs now as if were 'Parallels Desktop Lite' - that is, it lets me run macOS virtual machines, but not Windows... without the 14-day trial period prompt.

This isn't 'right' or correct behavior to me -- have always had perpetual licenses -- but Parallels app obviously has a different idea.

I have the feeling this issue has been raised before (duh) and that I am going to be pointed to resources indicating licensing issues, etc... Fine - will appreciate brief help, at least need to understand what is going on.

For the record, not being able to access simple email or chat support on this simple issue... isn't the best advertisement for the product. Just saying. Thanks.

2. tedoforest

tedoforest Bit poster

Yep, now that I see the licensing page on my account, it appears that Parallels thinks I have one expired subscription. That may be what was purchased; it wasn't what I believed I purchased, or I would not have done so. Thanks for clarification.

3. StephenJ9

StephenJ9 Bit poster

I have a permanent P13 pro license, according to my account on the parallels website, but made a new admin account on my machine, possibly tried to autoupdate my Windows 10, possibly clicked some other buttons in my face, all somehow making it think that I started a trial P13. How do I get back my permanent license? I had only one program running in windows 10 on parallels (that might have demanded that update), and their support is no help. The Parallels website doesn't know my key and neither do I, having lost the disk or other media it came on. I'd have made a new post if the website let me.

4. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, are you able to use your Parallels Desktop 13 for Mac license key on your Mac? Thanks, Parallels Team.

5. RobinS1

RobinS1 Bit poster

Apparently I didn't remember my Parallels password exactly, and tried too many times to sign in, so they blocked my IP address. Now I can't even sign in after having changed my password. I have a key for Parallels 13.3.2. How do I use it to sign in?

6. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hi, kindly check your inbox and reply us back.