Thought it was a real upgrade!

MackeyBloom

Bit poster
I've been receiving a dialog box at start up stating that I have X days left for Parallels Internet Security, did I want to re-up?

I upgraded from Parallels 4 to Parallels 5 using a CD purchased from Parallels themselves. It cost around $50 - $60.
As I upgraded a few months back I was puzzled why I was getting this message - it certainly hasn't been a year.
I searched the knowledge base, found a topic which deadended at a bad URL and finally submitted a help ticket- this is what I got
Parallels Desktop 4.0/5.0 for Mac full version is shipped with one year free subscription for 'Parallels Internet Security' and this free 1 year subscription starts from the date it was first install.

When you purchase 'Parallels Desktop 5' upgrade, then you will not be getting another 1 year free subscription
 
Back
Top