Thunderbolt Bridge not available on Monterey Host?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Matthew C. H., Apr 15, 2022.

1. Matthew C. H.

Matthew C. H. Bit poster

I'd like to use IP over Thunderbolt to connect two Parallels Windows 10 VMs on two Macs, one running macOS 10.14.6 Mojave and the other running macOS 12.2.1 Monterey. The two Macs are connected by Thunderbolt successfully; I am able to send files back and forth super fast. In Parallels on Mojave host, I can easily add a network device with a the source "Thunderbolt Bridge" under "Bridged Network" and then give the interface an IP address in Windows. However, in Parallels on Monterey host, there is NO network option for "Thunderbolt Bridge". In other posts, I noticed another Parallels network features "Network Conditioner" is not available in Big Sur and Monterey due to underpinning macOS kext changes. Could it be these changes have also removed support for "Thunderbolt Bridge" as a network source?

2. GampaA@P

GampaA@P Pro

Hello Matthew C.H., Open Parallels Desktop Network preferences by clicking the Parallels Desktop icon || > Preferences, then click Network. Click the Add (+) button below the Port forwarding rules list. Thanks.