Thunderbolt Devices on Parallels Desktop 13 for Mac Pro Edition

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by TristanG1, Nov 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. TristanG1

TristanG1 Bit poster

I am trying to connect to a thunderbolt capture card connected to the Mac and operating properly on the Mac. We are trying to connect to a Windows 10 instance. The capture card is a Blackmagic Design Intensity Model connected via Thunderbolt. I know there are knowledgeable articles that state that this isn't possible, but it mentions the versions of Parallels Desktop 12 and below. Also Parallels Desktop 13 front page says that ALL my Thunderbolt devices are supported.

How do I connect my Thunderbolt device to Parallels Desktop 13 for Mac Pro Edition?

2. paulv7

paulv7 Bit poster

The KB says soundcards are not supported but I was able to get a Focusrite Thunderbolt interface- Clarett 4Pre - to work by selecting the interface as the active sound device from the parallels icon in the control bar and using the shared WASAPI drivers in windows which show the card as Parallels Audio controller. I don't know if there's a way to do that for video but hopefully this helps someone figure it out. I was able to use the Clarett with Cakewalk Sonar running in Windows 10 this way.

3. Becca

Becca Bit poster

Hello! I'm very interested in accessing thunderbolt connected devices as well. I'm using a PC laptop to game and streaming it via parallels on a mac desktop. The device is a Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini Recorder and it works just fine on the mac (aside from audio) but when in parallels it isn't recognized.

I can just stream via the mac and not use parallels, but Streamlabs OBS (open broadcasting software) is not available to mac users.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated!