Tiger (10.4.11) to Snow Leopard; Parallels 3 to Parallels 5

RocknGlock

Bit poster
Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Pro 17"
Model Identifier: MacBookPro2,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.33 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per processor): 4 MB
Memory: 3 GB
Bus Speed: 667 MHz
Boot ROM Version: MBP21.00A5.B08
SMC Version: 1.14f5
Serial Number: W870322SW0J
Sudden Motion Sensor:
State: Enabled

Mac OS X 10.4.11
Windows XP SP2

I want to completely uninstall the Parallels 3 and the VM and Win XP and all Win software (ATX Tax, TurboTax, Family Tree Maker, QuickBooks, Quicken, Zillion Forms, and Kleinrock) and do a CLEAN install of Parallels 5 after I do the Mac upgrade to Snow Leopard. This Parallel 5 install will be a Win XP VM.

My current Win XP install is becoming unstable and triggering Kernel Panics thus I want a super clean install.

I have found how to delete the Parallels, etc., but limited guidance on deleting/removing all remnants of the Parallels 3 install and VM.

Is this the correct way to go?:

Uninstall all Win XP Applications (ATX Tax, TT, etc.)
Uninstall Win XP
Delete Parallel 3 VM
Uninstall Parallels Desktop 3

Then upgrade to Leopard/Snow Leopard, then begin the Parallels 5 install?

Anyone want to help a non-techno geek?

Thank you!!!!!!!!!

Richard
 
Last edited:
I recommend you do the following steps:

Uninstall Parallels Desktop 3
Upgrade Tiger to Leopard
Install Parallels Desktop 5
Upgrade Win XP VM
Uninstall XP software if required

Alexander
 
Please Help: Half Way Home :(

Found the solution......Delete VM, then uninstall Parallels 3...........Dah.........
 
Last edited:
Back
Top