Time Is Not Syncing Properly between Windows VM and Mac

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by TobyT, Apr 19, 2017.

1. TobyT

TobyT Hunter

I'm having a terrible time with the fact that my Windows guest vm runs nearly 2 seconds behind the Mac. This doesn't seem a problem EXCEPT I'm having serious problems uploading backups to Amazon S3 which refuses data IF the time stamp is not accurate. No matter how many times I have Windows update the time, it is ALWAYS behind my Mac. About 1 in 3 of my backups actually runs.

This seems to be something Parallels should be able to control. Solutions anyone?
    Regards,
    TobyT

2. Hi, did you try to reinstall Parallels Tools?

3. TobyT

TobyT Hunter

I haven't reinstalled PT recently; is this something that I'll have to do regularly to get the clock working properly?

4. TobyT

TobyT Hunter

I've reinstalled PT, but we've been totally without internet all day so there's not been a chance to test to see if this fixes it. Will do so shortly.

5. Thank you for your reply! Looking forward to your results.

6. TobyT

TobyT Hunter

It backed up last night . . . so I'm hoping the reinstallation fixed this. In the future I'll reinstall (a bit of a pain when I'm leaving the computer) IF I get this problem again. However, in checking the time I did notice that the vm is about 1/2 second behind the Mac . . it's hard to tell, but perhaps Amazon S3 doesn't care about that small a difference.
    TobyT

7. TobyT

TobyT Hunter

It looks as if I'm going to have to reinstall PT weekly or thereabouts which I find ridiculous. The guest vm seems to stay about one second behind . . . . I back up at night because I absolutely cannot back up constantly due to the databases I work with. I'm tired at the end of the day and NOT eager to reinstall PT constantly before I back up. Surely Parallels can do something about this issue; I can't be the only person who has it!

8. TobyT

TobyT Hunter

I am sick of this! Everything was working fine until I installed Parallels 10 to run my legacy Windows XP guest vm. Last night I tried FOUR TIMES to back up, including double-checking that I'd configured the vm to sync from Mac OS as well as reinstalling Parallels Tools. I was NEVER able to backup to Amazon S3. I even reset the clock within Windows twice time (once before reinstalling PT and once after when it was STILL a second or so behind the Mac's clock; no joy. This is totally ridiculous. I have a huge amount of work which I'm unable to backup to Amazon's S3 cloud because Parallels 10 seems incapable of keeping the vm's clock properly synced. This is on Parallels as far as I'm concerned. Where's the solution? Move to different software to manage my guest vm?
    TobyT

9. julia2

julia2 Bit poster

I also have time problems. Parallels just stops the time it seems if I change to MAC and then it dose not go on. Really annoying.

10. TobyT

TobyT Hunter

Sorry you're experiencing difficulties too. Ever since I updated Parallels OS to 10, I've had this problem!