Time out of sync during First Run (during Setup Assistant)

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by MarcelC5, Jul 20, 2020.

1. MarcelC5

MarcelC5 Bit poster

I use Parallels specifically for testing my packages, config profiles and scripts I deploy with JAMF Pro. After every test I "factory reset" the macOS host back to the "First Run" screen where the "Setup Assistant" guides me to setup a new Mac (or in my case enrol in Jamf Pro). I've noticed the time is always out of sync during the setup process. Since the Parallel Tools are not installed in this stage I expect the "Sync from Mac" option in Parallels --> Configuration --> Advanced does not work.
    Since I'm experiencing some MDM enrolment issues, I was wondering if these issues are time-related and therefore I was hoping there is a way to sync time the host at the "Setup Assistant" screen. Is this possible this early during setup?
    Some extra info;
    Ive created a snapshot of 10.15.6 waiting at the setup screen. I revert back to this snapshot after every test. I use Parallels 15.1.4 on 10.15.6.

Attached Files:

2. Hi, did you test the same with the Parallels Tools installed?
    Also I've found that one of suggestion for the MDM enrollment issues troubleshooting is
    making sure that the date and time on the device are set correctly.

3. MarcelC5

MarcelC5 Bit poster

Yes thank you, I switched to manual enrollment in Jamf after a users logs in. That way I can install Parallel tools and let the time sync.