TPM missing in Windows 10 VM

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by RoryH, Dec 21, 2020.

1. RoryH

RoryH Bit poster

Is TPM functionality enabled and surfaced to Windows 10 clients? I have added TPM to the VM settings with no issue, and I even added the secure boot parameter manually in the Parallels boot settings, but I don't see the hardware in Windows 10. I know that Windows 10 on ARM supports TPM, since the Surface Pro X has a TPM chip. Anyone get TPM working on Windows 10 for ARM?

2. mmika

mmika Pro

RoryH, neither SecureBoot nor TPM support implemented in this technical preview unfortunately.

3. RoryH

RoryH Bit poster

Thanks for the info. I hope it's included in a later technical preview or beta. TPM would really open up enterprise users being able to use this as their single machine for all. I've got to say that I'm super impressed by the performance of Windows 10 and Office on this VM! Blown away, is more like it! :)

4. Hello,
    we would like to inform you that starting with Parallels Desktop 17, virtual Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 2.0 support is available for all Parallels Desktop for Mac Editions: Standard, Pro, and Business. Moreover, Parallels Desktop 17 adds support for a virtual TPM on Mac computers with Apple M1 chip.
    please check this out for more information.