Trackpad Cursor Disappears in Windows 10 1607

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by KentB2, Oct 7, 2017.

1. KentB2

KentB2 Bit poster

I am running macOS Sierra 10.12.6, Parallels version 13 and Windows 10 (1607) and when I transition to windows 10 my trackpad cursor originally appears but as soon as I depress to select anything, it disappears...

Any ideas would be helpful as this is completely frustrating!!!

2. Shathish@Parallels

Shathish@Parallels Pro

Hello @KentB2 We would request you to Shutdown your virtual machine(Click on the two red lines in the Mac Menu Bar > Action > Shutdown) and open virtual machine configuration(http://kb.parallels.com/117287) > Go To Hardware Tab > Boot Order > Select Advance Setting > Add a Boot Flag "devices.usb.mouse=0" and check it helps. Thanks, Shathish

3. KentB2

KentB2 Bit poster

The scenarios that are offered in the help document (and the steps above) don't allow for any "Boot Flag" additions through the advanced settings. The entire page is un-editable with a message "Some of the settings on this page cannot be changed until the virtual machine is shut down". Shutting down the virtual machine negates any access to the "configure" selection...

4. DavidG33

DavidG33 Bit poster

Iam having the same issue...I tried the fix stated eabove with no help. Any further suggestions?

It renders the program unuseable

5. Hi DavidG33. Reinstall Parallels Tools and check if it helps.