Trouble running game

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by JoshW2, Jul 14, 2016.

1. JoshW2

JoshW2 Bit poster

Hi,
    I am new to Parallels and am currently on the trial version. I have been impressed with everything so far, but the one reason I got it in the first place was to run a specific game (Total War: Warhammer). I have tried to fix on my own with no success.

One thread I found was this: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/174850/total-war-warhammer-has-stopped-working

Although the above thread is not mine, the OP essentially describes my problem: "... got Windows 10 64-bit onto my mac via parallels to play this game. Unfortunately, every time I turn on the game, I get the screen at the beginning with various logos and copyright info, then I get error message "Total War: Warhammer Has Stopped Working" and the game crashes. I've tried validating game cache on steam, changing the language, manually running dxsetup installer and and vcredist x64 and x86 installers, reinstalled the game about 5 times, run in offline mode, and disabled steam overlay..."

Further down the thread, one user claimed that they got theirs to work using Parallels by inserting a script in a specific location. I did exactly as he did with the same results as above.

At this point I seem to have exhausted all google resources. Can someone give me a hand here? If I can get this to work I will definitely buy this program.

Thanks in advance!

2. Arunn

Arunn Parallels Support

Hi JoshW2, check if your Windows 10 is set to the following configuration:
    1. RAM memory: 3 GB minimum
    2. Go to Configure > Hardware > Graphics (512 MB minimum) > Additional Settings and set 3D acceleration to DirectX 10 and enable Vertical Synchronization.
    Start Windows and launch the game. Let us know if it helps.

3. I am facing the same issue with TotalWar Warhammer
    i did the below steps and still the game is crashing right after i launch it

1. RAM memory: 3 GB minimum
    2. Go to Configure > Hardware > Graphics (512 MB minimum) > Additional Settings and set 3D acceleration to DirectX 10 and enable Vertical Synchronization.
    Start Windows and launch the game. Let us know if it helps.