I have now spent at least 18 hours trying to resolve this issue, and I am now going around in circles reading the same forums posts to resolve the issue and getting nowhere fast.
Trying to install new Windows 10 VM (I already have another Windows 10 VM which works fine).
I have done the various 'fixes' to resolve the issue including the vm.bios.efi=1 solution (didn't work); tried using vm.bios.efi=0 (didn't work ether), even tried vm.bios.efi=2, vm.bios.efi=3, vm.bios.efi=etc, etc (didn't work) rebuilding the MBR, fixboot, etc, etc (didn't work). I have created the Windows VM on USB HDD with Windows Firewall off, Windows Firewall on (no difference). Seen posts about playing around with HDD location in Hardware from SATA 0:1 to 0:2, 0:3, 0:4 etc. No difference. Run SFC /scannow - no issues.
I've gone thru' the guidance on trying to get into 'Repair you computer'. Can't get into Advanced Boot Options (F8) no matter how many times I repeatedly press F8.
I am on Parallel 15, and macOS Mojave. Windows 10 is completely up to date. The laptop I am transferring from was originally Windows 7 and updated to Windows 10 when it was given out free.
I don't know if this is important but when I run DISKPART and list disk, Disk 0 comes up and when I do list vol, I get Volume 0 (Ltr D) DVD-Rom; Volume 1 (No Ltr) System Reserved and Volume 2 (Ltr 2) Acer (which is the Windows and Files are stored). I don't have any other disks installed. However, when I run Disk Management, I also have a 14GB Recovery Partition showing on Disk 0 Partition 1, which doesn't appear when I run List Vol in DISKPART.
Anybody offer any advice or a solution which works for them.
Trying to install new Windows 10 VM (I already have another Windows 10 VM which works fine).
I have done the various 'fixes' to resolve the issue including the vm.bios.efi=1 solution (didn't work); tried using vm.bios.efi=0 (didn't work ether), even tried vm.bios.efi=2, vm.bios.efi=3, vm.bios.efi=etc, etc (didn't work) rebuilding the MBR, fixboot, etc, etc (didn't work). I have created the Windows VM on USB HDD with Windows Firewall off, Windows Firewall on (no difference). Seen posts about playing around with HDD location in Hardware from SATA 0:1 to 0:2, 0:3, 0:4 etc. No difference. Run SFC /scannow - no issues.
I've gone thru' the guidance on trying to get into 'Repair you computer'. Can't get into Advanced Boot Options (F8) no matter how many times I repeatedly press F8.
I am on Parallel 15, and macOS Mojave. Windows 10 is completely up to date. The laptop I am transferring from was originally Windows 7 and updated to Windows 10 when it was given out free.
I don't know if this is important but when I run DISKPART and list disk, Disk 0 comes up and when I do list vol, I get Volume 0 (Ltr D) DVD-Rom; Volume 1 (No Ltr) System Reserved and Volume 2 (Ltr 2) Acer (which is the Windows and Files are stored). I don't have any other disks installed. However, when I run Disk Management, I also have a 14GB Recovery Partition showing on Disk 0 Partition 1, which doesn't appear when I run List Vol in DISKPART.
Anybody offer any advice or a solution which works for them.