Justin Harlow
Bit poster
I am running an admittedly ancient version of Parallels Desktop on a Mac. Here are the particulars:
Parallels version: 2
macBook Pro 15" 2.16 GHz
OSX 10.4.11
Guest OS: WinXP SP 3
I created an 8 Gb virtual disk when I first started using Parallels, but I have not used it much. Recently I have run into one of those situations where you simply have to use Windows because of a proprietary software package, and have run into a problem. The virtual disk is too small to install necessary software. This is identified by Parallels as an expanding volume, but the guest OS refuses to let me install some important software because the disk is out of space. I tried to use Image Tool to expand it, but it tells me that you can't do that with an expanding volume.
I know, I know, go spend 50 bucks for an upgrade and everything will be fine, but I don't have the 50 bucks right now, and just want to solve this problem. Anyone got any ideas?
Thanks
Justin H
Parallels version: 2
macBook Pro 15" 2.16 GHz
OSX 10.4.11
Guest OS: WinXP SP 3
I created an 8 Gb virtual disk when I first started using Parallels, but I have not used it much. Recently I have run into one of those situations where you simply have to use Windows because of a proprietary software package, and have run into a problem. The virtual disk is too small to install necessary software. This is identified by Parallels as an expanding volume, but the guest OS refuses to let me install some important software because the disk is out of space. I tried to use Image Tool to expand it, but it tells me that you can't do that with an expanding volume.
I know, I know, go spend 50 bucks for an upgrade and everything will be fine, but I don't have the 50 bucks right now, and just want to solve this problem. Anyone got any ideas?
Thanks
Justin H