I upgraded to Parallels 5 this week and my system is much slower than before. I have a MacBook Pro 15" with 4GB of ram. I run this on two monitors, parallels runs XP in full screen on the external monitor. I have the system set to 2GB as I do use some memory hungry programs. Everything I run in OSX while parallels is running is native (iTunes, mail, address book, and safari is the most I will have running at once).
Odd thing is: processor usage will be at a reasonable level (say, 15-20%) but the mac, both XP and OSX (Snow Leopard) is moving at a crawl. No programs running in XP. Any steps to diagnose this problem? I'll be happy to do what I need to do to get you the information. I am a mac newbie, but if you tell me what info you need I can get it.
Thanks,
Tyler
Odd thing is: processor usage will be at a reasonable level (say, 15-20%) but the mac, both XP and OSX (Snow Leopard) is moving at a crawl. No programs running in XP. Any steps to diagnose this problem? I'll be happy to do what I need to do to get you the information. I am a mac newbie, but if you tell me what info you need I can get it.
Thanks,
Tyler